MySpace 2.0 Layouts

Monday 2 August 2010

Darwin Scrapbook Page

Hi all, sorry it's been so long posting a new creation here.  I really lost my mojo for ages, couldn't get into crafting or anything.  Still kept buying new stuff though, really a crafty addict I think, but it just sat there unused...  so sad.

I decided to create a scrapbook page to try to get me into the swing again, using my Digital Scrapbook Artist (DSA) program, which I should add you can get a free trial copy of it from Daisy Trail you just have to join up and download.  It is not a full version but it will let you find out if you will enjoy using it before handing over any of your hard earned money.

I chose an 8x8 page size, as I can print that size out onto an A4 sized sheet of paper if I so wish.  The background paper came from Glenda Waterworth's new Artylicious Essence of Nature CD- Rom  using the copy and paste function to get the image into the DSA program.  I then picked out a frame I like from some of the scrap-booking elements available through Daisy Trail, this frame came from the set called Indie Chic, it is one you have to buy, but there are plenty of free element sets available, the cascading flowers also came from the same set. The letters came from a set called Berry Pie and is a nice bold font, great for a single word, as in the name of the newest member of our family, Darwin the African Grey Parrot.

There is actually not much to the page, but I hope you agree it is very effective as an introduction to a Darwin scrapbook, and after doing this I actually made 2 cards, which I will have to photograph to proudly show off to you, so maybe my mojo has finally returned.

hugs Janie xxx

1 comment:

  1. That's a gorgeous page you've made, lovely soft colours which complement Darwin beautifully. Hope your mojo has returned - there should be plenty on the CD to inspire you.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete